Leave the ordinary behind and discover the extraordinary world that awaits you in southernmost Arizona. There are limitless opportunities for people looking from tranquil communities. The many cities and towns that comprise Santa Cruz County are a vital part of its past and future history, each with its unique story to tell and something to offer people from every walk of life. The air seems cleaner, the sun shines a little brighter, and a general feeling of relaxation starts to sink in, leaving you awash in comfort.
- Amado, the “Gateway to Santa Cruz County”, welcomes travelers from points north with open arms and friendly faces. There is a subtle yet almost tangible transformation that occurs when passing the quaint and somehow familiar landmark of the Cow Palace Restaurant.
- The historic colony of Tubac is visible on the horizon, a welcome oasis of art galleries, annual events, restaurants, shopping, and the Tubac Golf Resort made famous by the movie Tin Cup.
- Slightly south of Tubac is Tumacacori National Historic Park, a Franciscan mission built in 1795 that was regularly besieged by the Apache Indians. Its historic ruins, including a chapel and graveyard, are a popular exploration for history buffs.
- Rio Rico opens it arms in welcome for visitors and residents alike as it straddles the Santa Cruz River among the lush rolling hills that create the perfect backdrop for the community, and spectacular world-class golfing.
- Sonoita and Elgin are famous for the spectacular assortment of local wines produced from their vineyards and rolling hills.
- Patagonia offers acres of fishing, boating, camping and recreation at Patagonia Lake, shops and annual events.
- The twin cities of Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora, are infused with the international flavors of traditional Sonoran Mexican cuisine and delightful cross-border shopping. And, where as the city of Nogales' motto is...You Are Among Friends!
Homes of every description, from custom and semi-custom homes and equestrian ranches to patio homes, golf course homes, resort living and subdivision communities, all with access to excellent private, public, charter and secondary educational facilities, and within close proximity to a wealth of recreational amenities and all the conveniences of modern-day living. Employment opportunities are available in a variety of professional fields, including health care, industrial, wholesale and retail, education, government and agriculture.